Help us make a difference to the lives of older people in Wales.
Age Connects Wales aims to improve the quality of life for people aged fifty plus by providing the assistance, support and services that are needed to live a healthier, more active and independent life.
Given the rapidly ageing population, the demand for our help is increasing year on year and, while our core services and support are free to older people and their carers, they are not without a cost to us. We try to keep costs to a minimum by utilizing our fantastic local volunteers to deliver front line services, provide administration support and help with community fundraising. The more people we help the more money and other resources we need.
The smallest gift can make an enormous difference, and your generosity and kindness will help to safeguard the future of our much needed services and support. You can help build a better future for older people by:
1. Making a donation
2. Leave a legacy
- You can make a one off donation through using the 'Donate' button above
- Donate regularly through a standing order
- You can send us a cheque through the post
- You don’t have to leave a lot of money to make a big difference. Legacies of any size have a positive impact in helping our charity continue to support older people across Wales. By remembering us in your Will, you will be leaving a legacy to the older people of Wales.
3. Making ‘In Memory’ donations in lieu of flowers
- Asking for donations instead of flowers at your funeral is another way in which you can support Age Connects Wales
4. Purchasing advant-AGE Products and Services
- Through our advant~age partnership, we offer a diverse range of products and services that provide quality, value for money and excellent customer service. For every purchase made, your local Age Connects Organisation will receive a donation from the product provider, with no extra cost to you.
Here are a few examples of what your donations can mean to an older person:
- £1 donated to an Information and Advice service can generate an average of £63 of income for older people in poverty
- £5 pays for a volunteer’s expenses to visit an older person in their own home twice a month.
- £10 pays for 20 minutes of engaging activities in a care home setting.
- £75 pays for hiring a community centre for a day to provide activities for isolated older people in the local area.
- £100 trains one member of staff/volunteer to provide engaging activities in a care home setting.
- £500 provides a Christmas party for 50 older people who would otherwise not be celebrating Christmas.
Gift Aid is an easy way to help us maximise the value of your donation. For every pound you give to us, we can claim an extra 25p from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in income tax and/ or capital gains tax must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year.